Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dogs

Questions:
Do any of you have a dog?

Read Alouds:
Nobody’s Diggier than a Dog by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
The Great Dog Wash by Shellie Braeuner
Doggone Dogs! by Karen Beaumont
Dogs by Emily Gravett

Flannel Boards:
Bark, George by Jules Feiffer
Dog’s Colorful Day by Emma Dodd

Songs:
“Bingo” by Sharon, Lois & Bram

Action Songs:
“I Wanna Be a Dog” by Charlotte Diamond
“My Dog Rags” by Bob McGrath

Fingerplays:

My Puppy
I like to pet my puppy.
[pretend to pet a dog]
He has such nice soft fur
And if I don't pull his tail
[pretend to pull a dog’s tail]
He won't say “Grrr!”
[growl]

After a Bath
After my bath, I try, try, try
To wipe myself ‘til I’m dry, dry, dry.
Hands to wipe, and fingers, and toes,
                [wipe hands; then fingers; then toes]
And two wet legs and a shiny nose.
                [wipe legs; then nose]
Just think, how much less time I’d take,
If I were a dog, and could shake, shake, shake.
                [shake like a dog]

Puppy’s Dog House
This is puppy's dog house.
[form a roof shape with hands]
This is puppy's bed.
[lay head on hands]
This is puppy's pan of milk
[cup hands together]
Where he can be fed.
This is puppy's collar;
[encircle neck with fingers]
His name is on it, too.
Take a stick and throw it,
[pretend to throw a stick]
He'll bring it back to you.
[pat leg rapidly with hand]

Some Dogs
Some dogs bark.
                [bark]
Some dogs growl.
                [growl]
Some dogs yip.
                [yip]
Some dogs howl.
                [howl]
Some dogs wiggle their tails!
                [wiggle]

Craft:
Cheese Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment